Tuesday 17 November 2015

Questionnaire Analysis

I thought that it was necessary to analyse the results of my questionnaire, in order to identify my target audience and portray an ideal outcome to them.



I decided to gather information requiring the age of my target audience, to be able to know the age range that my product will be aimed at. Through this I have come to the conclusion that my main focus is on those, aged 18-24. 


I surprising gained equal feedback from both males and females, which gives me the impression that both might give me different views throughout my questionnaire, especially because men are stereo-typically more likely to be interested in gangster films than women.

When asking whether or not my target audience had heard of any real gangsters, five out of eight of them responded with a yes. As well as displaying the names of them, with the most popular one being Al Capone. This allows me to know that my audience is aware of not just the genre but the reality behind it.



From looking at the results, most individuals would prefer to see guns and a revenge scene appear in a gangster film, which seems necessary if conforming to the stereotypical conventions of the genre.


Most individuals appear to be interested in seeing a film about eastern European gangsters, which is a factor being incorporated in our production.

I received mixed feedback regarding the preferred style of music, however "fast" "upbeat" music seems to be the type that will attract the target audience. 

Most individuals would like to see black and red featured on a gangster film poster, with the third colour varying from white to grey.

The feedback from this question confirms that the type of clothing expected in a gangster film is "smart casual" and overall "formal clothing". Elements of this would therefore need to be considered when discussing the mise-en-scene. 

75% of my target audience claimed to be interested in seeing a gangster film set in London, which is excellent due to the location of the trailer being set in London. Allowing us to know that it would be a pleasing and successful location for the audience.



No comments:

Post a Comment